A basin vanity sink is an integral component of a functional bathroom. When shopping for one, it is important that you keep some important aspects in mind to ensure that your vanity sink will work for you. Here are some ideas.
- Materials. One of the things that you should consider when buying a vanity sink is materials. Take note that the basin vanity unit will be placed in an area that is exposed to wetness, humidity and frequent use. Because of this, you may want to pick a basin that has strong and sturdy materials that can withstand constant exposure to damaging elements. Marble and stone sink are some of the most durable sink materials there is.
- Plumbing. You should choose a strategic location for your vanity basin. Placing your sink far from your bathroom fixture would mean higher cost for plumbing especially if you are going to redo your plumbing installations.
- Height. Consider those who are going to utilize your basin. If you have kids at home who will be sharing your bathroom, mount your sink where it can be easily accessed by kids. There is a standard height for basin vanity unit and if you are not sure, you can consult your plumber or your installer for the recommended basin height.
- Storage. Aside from physical appeal, basin vanity units should be functional. They should be able to store items and toiletries frequently needed inside the bathroom. Take into account the items or equipment that you need to place inside your vanity sink. The more items you have, the bigger storage that you would need. Storage is also important if you have limited floor space. If you have small floor area, your vanity sink should have more drawers to accommodate items that you need to keep.
- Custom design. In order for you to get the vanity sink that you have in mind, it would be best for you to customize your drawer. This way, you will have the exact design that you have in mind. You can refer to websites online or you can refer to home catalogues for inspiration.
Packaging your product is essential in marketing them. How do you envision a packaging design and how do you make an effective design? Here are some tips in making your workflow more successful and efficient and make your packaging dreams to reality.
– Use approved cutter guides. Ensure that your printer or client has given you the right specifications. You should never start with a packaging job without having the correct details. You need to have the cutter guide which is of the right size, has all folds, bleed specified and clearly states any seal or glue areas. Ensure that everything is right from the beginning in order to prevent any problems later on.
– Get it approved. If you are making the guide yourself based on the specifications of the client, do not only get approval from the client but instead also seek to involve the printer from the beginning. Make sure that the project is feasible and make sure that you do not start doing any creative work until it has all been approved and that you have already received a detailed spec. The last thing that you want to do is to recreate your artwork because of the discrepancy in the cutter guide.
– Make use of 3D revolve. In order to visualize your packaging designs, you can make use of the 3D Revolve tool of Illustrator. What you need to do is to create a profile of your own choice. Next, select the shape and then go to effect then select 3D and then revolve. When you tick the preview box, you will notice that the Illustrator will create a 3D object. You can choose the shading that you want using the dropdown in the dialogue box.
– Use symbols wisely. The Symbols functionality of Illustrator is absolutely great for package designs. Essentially, the symbols are self-contained instances of the elements in your artwork which you can easily and quickly reuse without copying the paths and duplicate.
You can definitely innovate your packaging design and box. What is important is that you capture the taste and likes of the target market. You can even make use of a black gift box as the packaging material for certain gift items.