Every year the FBI or the Federal Bureau of Investigation compiles the crime statistics of the United States. The reports published by the FBI are designed in order to give you an idea of the trend in crimes in the country and provide you with a better understanding of the threats of crime locally and nationally. Here are some of the important reports regarding burglary in the US and property crime details. For further information, you can visit the website of the FBI.
- There are about 5,400 burglaries in the US happening every day. Five years ago there were about 9 million property crimes reported and over 2 million of which involved burglaries.
- About 73 percent of all burglaries take place on residential properties. Do not ever operate under the false assumption that burglaries are usually related to businesses, high-end stores and banks. The most favorite target of burglars is residences.
- Of the reported burglaries, 65 percent occurred during day time. According to the data, burglars like to target homes during the day since the homeowners are usually not at home while they target commercial establishments at night.
- The highest rate of crime for properties occurs in the Southern region. According to the statistics that was compiled by the FBI, there were about 3,439 property crimes per a hundred thousand inhabitants in the Southern region of the United States.
- The property crimes in the US are estimated to have lost a total of $15.7 billion dollars. Burglaries accounted in the figure are about $4.6 billion in the lost properties.
- Data shows that 60 percent of burglaries are forcible entries. A lot of people believe that burglaries are crimes of opportunity. However, the statistics show that majority of these burglaries are in fact forcible entries to houses like breaking windows, kicking doors, smashing windows and picking locks. An excellent security system will be a great way of warding off these intruders.
Indeed, no one is immune to the threat of property crime and burglary. It is for this reason that you should have iHome Alarm Systems in your abode to deter burglars from entering your house.
The suspended ceiling system is not practical for everyone or in every situation. However, this unique ceiling type makes a lot of sense in first floor rooms and basements with bathroom overhead. Whenever a leak will appear in the overhead plumbing, a suspended ceiling will come to the rescue and it would spell the difference between a time-consuming repair work and a costly one versus one that is much cheaper with minor inconvenience.
Foremost, you need to have sufficient head clearance when placing the suspended ceiling. The requirements may vary but most of the codes will stipulate that there should be at least a minimum f 1.5 ft ceiling height for new constructions. There are some project codes however that can accommodate a lower height for the ceiling if the project is just a part of a bigger renovation work. That is why it really pays to ask why the client is asking for a suspended ceiling. You will need about 4 inches of space between the new and old ceilings in order to tilt the panels in place. Another additional 2 inches is needed if you intend to place a drop-in, fluorescent ceiling lighting. The suspended ceiling can be installed in a wood-framed dry wall room, through concrete-block basemen walls.
Choosing a system
The steps in installing suspended ceiling vary from one company to the next but not really significantly. When you have chosen a particular ceiling package, the next step is to give careful thought to your grid layout. There are several home centers as well as retailers that will be happy to work a parts list based on the scaled drawing in your area. You also should have a general sense on how these components should go together before starting them. The usual systems will have an L-shaped perimeter or molding in order to give support to the suspended ceiling near the walls.
There are various providers of suspended ceilings and one of them is Crisp Contracts. As the customer, you need to make your research for the contractor who can help you and give you excellent services.
Packaging your product is essential in marketing them. How do you envision a packaging design and how do you make an effective design? Here are some tips in making your workflow more successful and efficient and make your packaging dreams to reality.
– Use approved cutter guides. Ensure that your printer or client has given you the right specifications. You should never start with a packaging job without having the correct details. You need to have the cutter guide which is of the right size, has all folds, bleed specified and clearly states any seal or glue areas. Ensure that everything is right from the beginning in order to prevent any problems later on.
– Get it approved. If you are making the guide yourself based on the specifications of the client, do not only get approval from the client but instead also seek to involve the printer from the beginning. Make sure that the project is feasible and make sure that you do not start doing any creative work until it has all been approved and that you have already received a detailed spec. The last thing that you want to do is to recreate your artwork because of the discrepancy in the cutter guide.
– Make use of 3D revolve. In order to visualize your packaging designs, you can make use of the 3D Revolve tool of Illustrator. What you need to do is to create a profile of your own choice. Next, select the shape and then go to effect then select 3D and then revolve. When you tick the preview box, you will notice that the Illustrator will create a 3D object. You can choose the shading that you want using the dropdown in the dialogue box.
– Use symbols wisely. The Symbols functionality of Illustrator is absolutely great for package designs. Essentially, the symbols are self-contained instances of the elements in your artwork which you can easily and quickly reuse without copying the paths and duplicate.
You can definitely innovate your packaging design and box. What is important is that you capture the taste and likes of the target market. You can even make use of a black gift box as the packaging material for certain gift items.
Northampton – Although most people do not give a thought about it, numerous painters and decorators provide their services to residential and commercial clients on a daily basis. They play a very important role in society that is why if you are planning to start a career in painting and decorating, there are a few things that you need to know about.
First of all, the work done by painters and decorators are not as simple as you may think. It’s not just as easy as rolling paint into a wall. It is actually much more complex than that and often involves methods that would provide long-lasting and positive results. It’s not easy to be a painter or decorator. So if you are looking for an easy job that would involve sitting in an air-conditioned room, then you shouldn’t become a painter or decorator.
Remember, as a painter or decorator, you will be subjected into various jobs. This means you have to be flexible since you might be called upon to work on a residential house one day and a commercial building the next day.
But before you start a career in painting and decorating, you should first make sure that you have the necessary skills as well as sufficient or extensive knowledge about the kinds of work that painters and decorators do. First of all, you would need to learn how to paint with precision and skill. You would have to learn how to strip old wallpaper and hang new ones. You would need to prepare wood and other materials or surfaces which will be used for painting. It is also important that you learn how to install many different decorative materials and ornaments.
You would also need to learn the different techniques in painting especially the application of specialized paint texture.
Becoming a painter or decorator also means that you need to learn how to multitask while also being able to work using a number of tools and devices.
Lastly, you would need to be employed. This could be done either through a formal training route, or an apprenticeship with known painting and decorating companies such as Arthur Fitzhugh Decorating. To know more about becoming a painter or decorator, you can visit their website at www.FitzhughDecoratorsNorthampton.co.uk.
Carly Nance and Rachel Bentley are preparing for their first showroom of their e-commerce venture, Citizenry. The showroom will aid them in the sales of handcrafted and customized products. They made Citizenry to meet diversified needs of developing demographics.
Bentley said that there was rarely a company which is aimed at millennials. There are no products designed to meet their taste. She added that millennials want excellent products and they are concerned about the story behind them. They made Citizenry to be the house décor trademark of this generation.
Nance said that millennials have just started to invest in home decorations and buying homes. She said it was about time for the company to enter the scene. Since they started to launch their website, they already have been generating revenue. Almost every item was sold out. The company has just employed four workers.
When asked about how the company works, Bentley explained that they collaborate with the top artists using the top indigenous materials for each individual country. They aim to create products which are representative of the country’s culture. Peru and Argentina were the first nations they worked with. The initial batch composed of 35 products; then another 20 items from Uganda. By December last year, they reached their 1,000th customer.
The leading challenge of their trade was logistics according to Bentley. The operational process was difficult because every item is unique and they need to work with local artists which may have different views. On the other hand, Nance clarified that their country-by-country technique is ideal. They can concentrate on an area and learn the challenges so they can keep the business going.
Rachel and Carly met at Texas A&M during their first year in college. They initiated a conference together. Because of that activity, they realized that their assets and weaknesses complemented each other well. They promised to call each other if they ever had a business idea. They had different careers. They realized the gap in the market after trying to decorate their own homes. The citizenry is a blend of their passions- Pro Decor, making good contributions to the world and speaking out culture.
More and more people are interested on the job of website Perth as technology advancements keep on pouring. It is undeniable that the world is in the internet age and at least 6 out of 10 individuals own gadgets and other technologies that will keep them updated with news from around the globe and which will enable them to surf the internet and look for answers to queries they have in mind. As a business owner, you need to consider this development. Do not get left behind. You can still keep your traditional method of doing things but you also need to consider getting your presence online.
If however, you are a computer enthusiast and have an appetite for designing websites and would want to start your own web design freelance business, you need to consider the things listed below.
- Calculate your start up costs. Every endeavor has costs associated with it. You have to write down a list of the basic equipments that you will need. Consider the cost of registering your chosen domain name and in hosting your own site. You also might want to print business cards and get a dedicated desk and some stationery supplies. Jot all of these and put a corresponding value to every item.
- Establish your brand. You need to ascertain how you will be branding yourself. Most freelance web designers make use of their names as their product brand. One advantage to this branding strategy is that you lend a personal attachment to your services and clients will know that they are getting the services from an individual and from someone who can be flexible and a bit cheaper than an agency.
- Create a portfolio website for your freelance job. You need a place to showcase your expertise and convince people that you are the right man for the job and consequently close that deal. You should have your own website for this. After all, who would want to buy a website from someone who does not even have a website? No one will.
Think about how much you will be charging your customers with. You need to do a thorough research on this aspect. Compare the rates of other freelancers. But you need to have a framework when establishing upfront charges or you will end up working for a very minimal compensation. There are plenty of freelancers who are trapped in their charges making it difficult for them to raise their rates. Do not fall in this trap.