There could be many reasons why you may want to move like a new job opportunity that would require you to live somewhere else or you are planning to make a lifestyle change but regardless of the reason, once you’ve signed the contract and had sold your house, it’s time to start packing. You may be excited to move into a brand new house but you should probably focus on packing first because it can be the most stressful part of the moving process.
Here are some tips that you can use when packing.
- Pack smart. Don’t even try to box everything up in one single swoop. While it is possible for you to pack everything in a single day, the problem is that you might not be able to pack properly and wisely thus mixing your belongings up or even leaving some behind. What you can do is give yourself a quota of at least one box a day leading up to the day you move. You can also make it one room a day.
- Use quality packing materials. It would be better for you to buy new boxes than use older ones because older ones may not provide the proper strength to hold your things together and they might fall apart on the journey. You don’t have to spend much on the boxes. In fact, online suppliers like PaperMart.com offer high quality and affordable packing materials.
- Don’t pack your closet. When you use a professional moving service, you can ask them to bring wardrobe boxes on the day of your move where you can easily place your clothes without taking them off their hangers.
- Take basic supplies early. Take your basic supplies to your new home earlier if it is within driving distance. Don’t wait for the moving company. Because if your basic supplies in your bathrooms and kitchens are already in place before you move, it would bring normalcy to the otherwise chaos that your moving boxes would bring once you settle in your new house.
- Meet your new neighbors immediately. Why not spend your first day in your new home being friendly to your neighbors?