One of the keys to a successful diet plan is eating the right type of food. No matter how effective your HCG supplement is if you will not accompany it with the right diet, your weight loss endeavor will still fail. An HCG diet is comprised of low carb of 500 to 550 per day so you need to cut back on sugar, starchy and fatty food especially during high intensity intake of HCG drops or supplement. Here are some of the recommended food and drinks for HCG dieters.
Drinks: green tea and coffee
Fruits: strawberries, apples, grapefruits, lemons, oranges
Vegetables: asparagus, cucumber, lettuce, fresh garlic, cabbage, green onions, tomatoes, broccoli, spinach
Meat: white fish, chicken breast, lean ground beef
Snacks: bread sticks and toast
Spices: sea salt, cumin, basil, rosemary, onion powder, parsley, cayenne, chili and garlic powder, coriander
Tips for an Effective Diet Plan
- When taking HCG supplement, avoid all kinds of oils including vegetable oils. Prepare your food with other cooking methods that do not use oil in the process such as boiling or poaching. You can also go for grilled dishes as they remain to be sumptuous without the use of oil and other unhealthy spices.
- Do not combine different vegetables and fruits in one meal. If you are going to strawberries for lunch, save the apples for dinner. You can find several HCG recipes online to provide variety on your meals.
- Remove bones from the chicken breast before cooking them.
- Although fish is highly nutritious, there are certain fishes that are restricted from your diet. Fatty fishes such as salmon, eel, tuna and herring should not be consumed while you are on an HCG diet.
- The secret to an effective diet is counting calories and measuring your food intake. Make sure that your meat consumption does not exceed to 100g in every meal. Measure the meat while in raw form and not when it is already cooked.
- Make sure that your coffee and other beverages are low in fat content to make your HCG supplement even more effective.