A basin vanity sink is an integral component of a functional bathroom. When shopping for one, it is important that you keep some important aspects in mind to ensure that your vanity sink will work for you. Here are some ideas.
- Materials. One of the things that you should consider when buying a vanity sink is materials. Take note that the basin vanity unit will be placed in an area that is exposed to wetness, humidity and frequent use. Because of this, you may want to pick a basin that has strong and sturdy materials that can withstand constant exposure to damaging elements. Marble and stone sink are some of the most durable sink materials there is.
- Plumbing. You should choose a strategic location for your vanity basin. Placing your sink far from your bathroom fixture would mean higher cost for plumbing especially if you are going to redo your plumbing installations.
- Height. Consider those who are going to utilize your basin. If you have kids at home who will be sharing your bathroom, mount your sink where it can be easily accessed by kids. There is a standard height for basin vanity unit and if you are not sure, you can consult your plumber or your installer for the recommended basin height.
- Storage. Aside from physical appeal, basin vanity units should be functional. They should be able to store items and toiletries frequently needed inside the bathroom. Take into account the items or equipment that you need to place inside your vanity sink. The more items you have, the bigger storage that you would need. Storage is also important if you have limited floor space. If you have small floor area, your vanity sink should have more drawers to accommodate items that you need to keep.
- Custom design. In order for you to get the vanity sink that you have in mind, it would be best for you to customize your drawer. This way, you will have the exact design that you have in mind. You can refer to websites online or you can refer to home catalogues for inspiration.